Check all the latest updates and important information about the CSUF student portal by Cal State University Fullerton. How to log in to my student account? How to register and set up a new student account?
How access different student services and what are the benefits of the student portal?
What is CSUF Student Portal?
California State University, Fullerton has made an online portal to help its students by providing all necessary academic information, student resources, guides, and other types of help students need.
All students can log in to their student portal and access important services such as library resources, the latest campus and university news, academic information, learning, and career-related resources, etc
Some of the important benefits are mentioned below.
- Access the Canvas or Titanium classroom management system through a student account.
- Access library services
- Students can access the on-campus eduroam Wi-Fi network. Check how to connect to eduroam.
- LinkedIn Learning – Access to LinkedIn Learning where students can view thousands of learning resources on different topics.
- Student Center – Access the Student Center where different types of student-related services are available.
- Financial aid – Different types of financial aid programs are available for students that they can explore through their student portal account.
- Titan Online – Once you log in to your student portal account, you will see the Titan Online link on your dashboard. It will provide you with information about academic records, CSUF services, financial aid & your student account.
- Student Email – Student email will be used for important communication related to your admission, Financial aid, and communication with faculty members & fellow students.
- Scholarships – Students can fill out the online scholarship form and it will automatically show you the list of available scholarships as per your eligibility criteria.
- Career Services – Students can access the different career-related resources and services, check the available jobs, and internships, and apply for them.
|Name of the portal
|Cal State Fullerton Student Portal
|California State University, Fullerton
|To provide useful information through a one-stop digital medium to help students
|All CSUF students
CSUF portal login
All students can log in to their student portal account, view important information, and access different available services. The login process is given below. Please have a look.
Step 1: Visit the official Fullerton website http://www.fullerton.edu/
Step 2: Click the Students portal link in the top menu. The login form for the CSUF online portal will appear on the screen (as shown below).
Step 3: Enter your Username and Password in this login form and hit the Login button to access the student portal dashboard.
What if you are not able to access your student account?
There may be different reasons for this. For example, If somehow you forgot your student portal username or password then you will not be able to access your account.
If you are a new student and don’t have an account or your account is inactive. There are different options available to solve different issues.
Let us find what options are available for students through the below steps.
Step 1: Visit the CSUF login page.
Step 2: Click the Need help logging in? located just below the Login button. On the next page, you will find three options.
- Student or new Applicant
- Faculty or Staff
Step 3: Click the Student or new Applicant link. On the next page, you will find the below-mentioned options.
- I do not have an account
- I forgot my username
- I forgot my password
- What’s my CWID (Campus-Wide ID)
- I am a returning student or my account has been inactive
- I want to update my DUO two-factor authentication settings
Let’s discuss the above-mentioned options in detail.
1-I do not have an account:
Register and create an online account to access your student portal. You will be able to access the below-mentioned services below through your campus account.
- CSUF portal
- Campus computer labs
- Campus wi-fi network
- Online library databases while off-campus
- Campus email account
- Many other campus services
How to create a new campus account?
All students can create a new student account with the help of their CWID (Campus-Wide ID) and Registration PIN. Please check the below step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Visit the CSUF portal login page and click the create my campus account link.
Step 2: Enter your CWID and PIN and click the Sign In button.
Step 3: On the next page, verify your identity by entering your last name, date of birth, and zip code and clicking the Continue button.
Step 4: After clicking the Continue button, an online account setup form will appear on the screen (as shown below).
Step 5: Enter the below-mentioned information in this online form.
- Create a unique username – Please provide a unique username for your campus account. Your username will also be your email address by adding @csu.fullerton.edu after your username. If your username is mike.johnson22 then your email address will be [email protected]
- Create a password – Create a strong password for your campus account.
- Set up password recovery questions – Set up recovery questions and their answers. These answers will help you to recover your account.
- Enter your mobile number – The mobile number is required to receive important communications and use or set up two-factor authentication.
Step 6: After entering all details, click the Submit button. Your account setup process has been completed and you can access your student account after 10 minutes. Your email account will be available in the CSUF portal within 24 hours.
Note: If you just received your CWID and registration PIN then you will have to wait for two days to create a new campus account.
2-I forgot my username:
Students can easily recover their passwords through the online facility available on the CSUF portal. Please check the below steps.
Step 1: Visit the login page of CSUF and click Need help logging in? link.
Step 2: On the next page, select the Student or new Applicant option and click the I forgot my username link. A username recovery form will appear on the screen (as shown below)
Step 3: Enter your CWID, Last name, and date of birth in this form and complete the captcha verification. Click the Find My Username button to find your Username.
3-I forgot my password:
A password reset facility is also available in case you are getting the wrong password error. If you remember your username then resetting the password is very easy. Please check the below steps to reset the CSUF password.
Step 1: Visit the CSUF login page and navigate to Need help logging in? -> Student or new Applicant -> I forgot my password. You will see a password reset form (as shown below).
Step 2: Enter your username in the password reset form and complete the captcha verification. After the verification, click the Continue button. You will receive an email including a password reset link. Students can easily create a new password after clicking this password reset link.
4-What’s my CWID (Campus-Wide ID)
A Campus-Wide ID is a unique identification number given to all students after admission. Students can use this CWID to create a new student account. After admission, all students receive an email from the CSUF Office of Admissions. Emails are sent through the [email protected] email ID so please add this email ID to your trusted contact list.
Students receive their acknowledgment letter, instructions to create their student portal, CWID, and registration PIN in the email. If you did not receive an email then please check your spam or junk folder. If you still don’t receive an email then call the student IT Help Desk for help or visit the CSUF Office of Admissions.
How to search for my CWID online?
Students can also use the online form available on the official portal to find out their Campus-Wide ID. Please check the below steps.
Step 1: Visit the CSUF portal login page and navigate to Need help logging in? -> Student or new Applicant -> What’s my CWID (Campus-Wide ID). You will find an online form (as shown below).
Step 2: Enter the last four digits of your SSN, Last name, and date of birth, and complete the captcha verification.
Step 3: After that, click the Find my CWID button, and your CWID will be shown on the screen or you will receive an email.
5-I am a returning student or my account has been inactive
There may be two situations.
- If you are a returning student
You will have to reset your old password with the help of the instructions given in this article. Maybe your old password is not following the current password policies.
- If you are a former student
If you are a former student then you can call the IT Help Desk at 657-278-8888 to get temporary access to the CSUF student portal. You will have to verify your identity by using your photo ID through a Zoom video call.
6-I want to update my DUO two-factor authentication settings
When you log in to your student portal account, it will ask you to set up the Duo Factor authentication on your device.
For this first download the Duo Mobile app on your mobile device from the Google Play Store or Apple app store. For your reference, the app download links are given below or you may simply search the app.
After downloading the mobile app, Login into your student account. It will ask for the duo factor setup. First, you will have to authenticate your mobile phone, mobile operating system, and mobile number and after that, you can connect your CSUF account to the Duo app.
Please take the help of the complete instructions given here.
Step 1: Download the Duo mobile app.
Step 2: Use a computer or any other device, open the web browser, and visit the duo factor authentication page. You will see a login screen (as shown below).
Enter your CSUF username and password and complete the captcha verification. After that click the Login button.
Step 3: Now you will have to authenticate your mobile phone. Click Add a device link on the next screen.
Step 4: On the next screen, click the Call Me button to hear the instructions about how to set up the duo. After that click the Send a passcode button to receive a text message.
Step 5: In the next steps, select mobile phone, enter your mobile number, and choose the mobile operating system.
Step 6: Choose “I have Duo Mobile Installed“. Once you click this link, a QR code will appear on the screen.
Step 7: Now open the Duo Mobile app on your mobile phone and give the necessary permissions. Click the Add Account link and scan this QR code that you have opened on the other device. Your mobile device is now connected to the Duo. You may click the Continue button on the other device to finish the process.
Duo authentication Example 1: Now suppose you are using a Firefox browser on a laptop device and log into your student account then the Duo app will send a security code on your mobile phone that you will have to enter to authenticate the Firefox browser on the laptop.
Duo authentication Example 2: If you are using an app that uses the Microsoft login then you can authenticate that app through the below steps.
- Once you see the Microsoft login screen, enter your campus ID and Password and click the Sign In button.
- On the next screen, click the authentication method you want to use from
- Send me a push – Click this to receive a push notification on your mobile device and approve the login.
- Call me – You will receive a call to approve the login.
- Enter a Passcode – You will receive a passcode to approve the login.
Note: You will have to set up the two-factor authentication for all apps mentioned below.
- Microsoft Outlook web and desktop app
- Outlook mobile app
- Microsoft Office apps
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Web-based apps, including Office apps online, Adobe.com
CSUF IT Student helpdesk
For any kind of technical assistance, students may contact the Student Help Desk through the below contact details.
- Mobile number
Please call at 657-278-8888.
- Email ID
Please write to [email protected].
- Online chat with IT HelpDesk
Students can also use the online chat facility after login into their student portal account and asking for any help related to the CSUF portal. After login navigate to Online IT Help -> Live Chat
- Contact details
The University of Arizona Global Campus
180 South Arizona Avenue,
Suite #301 Chandler,
Phone, Email, and chat support are available 24/7.
Important CSUF links:
|CSUF’s new student registration
|CSUF student portal login
|CSUF Username recovery
|CSUF Duo factor authentication setup
|CSUF password reset
About The California State University
CSU is educating around 5,00,000 students every year through its 23 campuses across the state of California. ALL campuses are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
To know more about all 23 campuses, please visit their official website through the below-mentioned links.