Check complete details about the GCU student portal Login of Grand Canyon University. How can students signup and create a new student account? How to Sign In and access the student portal?
What are the benefits and services provided to the students of Grand Canyon University? In this article, we are going to share all the important information and the latest updates.
GCU Student Portal – Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University has developed a separate GCU student portal to provide all essential online services to students, faculty, and parents. All three different portals are connected to a single GCU portal and Students, Faculty, and Parents can log in to their accounts by visiting the same portal.
All students can access different services, helpful resources, latest university news, join online classes, manage their courses, access the online library, etc. To access all the benefits students must log in to the online portal by using their login credentials.
If you are a new student, you will get an email from GCU tech support that includes the new student’s Username, Password, and GCU email address ([email protected]). Students can use these login credentials to access their student portal.
GCU Portal Login
Once you visit the official web portal https://gcuportal.gcu.edu/, you will find the login links for the Student Portal, Faculty portal, and parents portal (as shown below).
You can access the below-mentioned links to access the respective login page.
- Student Access
- Faculty Access
- Parent Access
Let’s discuss the login process below.
GCU Student Portal Login
GCU login facility is managed by Microsoft so for login or resetting the password you will be using the Microsoft web pages.
There are a few important things every student may follow for a secure and successful login experience.
- Students must be enrolled in a course.
- Students must have their login credentials.
- A secure and trusted device must be used to access the student portal.
- Please ensure that the internet connection is working properly.
- Please use a secure and supported web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- If using the mobile app then please check if it is updated to the latest released version.
Please follow the below steps.
Step 1: Open the official portal and click the Student Access link. You will see a Sign In screen as shown below.
Step 2: On the login screen (as shown above), enter your user ID and click the Next button. On the next page, enter your password and click the Sign In button to access your Student account.
If you have already set up the additional authentication method then you will be redirected to the portal dashboard page. If you are logging in for the first time then you will have to set up the authentication methods.
Step 3: If you are a first-time user then you will see the message “More Information Required” on the screen. Click the Next button.
You will have to set up a Phone and Email authentication option to secure your account and recover your password if required.
- Phone Authentication – Click the Set it up now link and enter your phone number and press the text me or call me button. Enter the authentication code you receive on your mobile phone in the new box and click the Verify button. Your Phone number has been authenticated now.
- Email Authentication – Click the Set it up now link and enter your personal email address and press the email me button. After that, enter the authentication in the given space that you received in your email. Click the Verify button.
You can set up anyone option or both options. Once the email and phone authentication are complete, you will see the right tick before both options. Click the Finish button to complete the process.
How to reset the GCU Student Portal password?
If you are a new student then you can create a new password by following the below steps. The process for resetting the old password and creating a new password after the first time login is the same.
Step 1: Visit the official student portal webpage and click the Student access button.
Step 2: On the next page, enter your user ID and click the Next button. On the next screen, click the Forgot my password link. A password reset form will appear on the screen.
Step 3: Enter your User ID, and captcha code, and click the Next button.
Step 4: On the next screen, you will find the below options to receive a verification code depending on the authentication method you have set up while logging in the first time.
- Email my alternate email
- Text my mobile phone
- Call my mobile phone
Choose an option, enter the required information, and enter the security code received on the mobile or email.
Step 5: On the next screen, you can create a new password for your student account.
GCU Student Portal Dashboard
Once you log in to the My GCU student portal homepage you will see your student dashboard page (as shown below).
There is a theme selection panel on the top left side of the dashboard. Students can choose the GCU Purple, GCU Accents, and High contrast theme.
On the left panel of the student portal, below mentioned sections are available.
- My courses
You will find a list of all courses in this section. If you click on any course link, you will be redirected to the Halo classroom for that course. If you don’t find any course under MyCourses, click the three-dot icon and refresh this section.
- My Counselors
Student services and field experience counselors’ contact information will be available in this section.
- My Information
My Information section contains the personal information of a student such as Student Name, Student ID, cumulative GPA, and primary Program of Study. For a larger view, click the three dots and again click the View Details link. Now click the Edit Information link through the three dots icon to edit the personal information. Click the Save link to save all changes you made.
On the right side of the dashboard, a list of all apps is available for the students. Students can delete unwanted apps, manage app locations and rearrange them according to their priority, and add new apps.
Some of the important apps available are:
- Class schedule/ Grades
Click this app to view your semester-wise Class Schedule/Grades. Access your schedule and download the PDF file for your reference.
- Housing Portal
The grand canyon university housing portal app shows you helpful information and roommate agreement. If you are eligible to apply for campus housing then you will receive an email from Housing Operations. After receiving the email you can submit the housing application. Please check the roommate agreement before submitting the housing application. As of 2021, there are 16,000 students living in 27 residence halls
- Technical support
Visit the GCU Technical Support Help Center website through this app and find resources if resolve any technical issue you are facing.
You can complete the pending signature work through this app. It is useful for creating a new parent account.
After enrollment, students get their official email id. To access the new email students can navigate to the Email app through their student dashboard page. After clicking the Email app, the Outlook email client will appear on the screen where you can check your inbox.
- GPA calculator
Click the GPA calculator app and check your current GPA or your target GPA.
- Upload documents
Upload all important documents online required by the university and counselor.
- Course Registration
Ground students can click the course registration app and create a schedule from available class sections and times. Course registration is also available through the https://register.gcu.edu URL.
Access all your Financial invoices through this app.
- Password management
Change your password through this app.
- Finance Hub
This app is very useful for making online fee payments. Students can also access all semester-wise current and previous financial information.
- Document management
Students can access the below-mentioned forms that are required to complete a degree program.
- Clinical Field Experience Verification Form
- ECS Birth PreK Practicum Verification Forms
- The instrument for Measuring Leadership Effectiveness
- Clinical Practice Evaluations (1, 2, 3, and 4)
Students can access different library resources, journals, books, etc. The library is also accessible through the direct GCU library site link library.gcu.edu.
- Career Impact center
Access resources that will help you to choose the right career path and prepare for the job opportunities. Students can also access new job and internship opportunities.
Important links and information related to your graduation program are available through the Graduation app. The graduation portal is also available through the direct link https://gradapp.gcu.edu/.
- Academic excellence center
Click this app to open the academic learning resources and information about the campus.
- Students success center
Check information about colleges, tutorials, templates, and writing resources available for all students.
- Student checklist, etc.
How to edit the apps?
Students can access the applications settings menu by clicking the three-dot icons on the apps panel on the right side and again clicking the edit apps link. Click the + icon to add a new app to the app dashboard.
You can click the gear icon available under individual apps to change app settings. you can also move apps by clicking the next icon. You can delete an app by clicking the trash icon.
After making any changes click the green icon on the top right side to save the changes. These are the options you will get to manage the app dashboard.
Login troubleshooting – GCU Student Portal
Students may encounter different types of errors while accessing the student portal. Some of the common errors and their resolution process are mentioned below. Please have a look.
- Easily guessable password – Sometimes students use common words like “password”, or their personal information such as name, birth date, birth year, current year, etc., or sequences of consecutive numbers such as “123”. This type of information is easily identifiable. Please use a hard-to-guess password.
- Password requirements do not meet – You are using a password that is not fulfilling the GCU password requirements.
- Wrong User ID – Students have entered the wrong email address. Please type your user ID correctly.
- Wrong verification code – You have entered the wrong verification code for the multi-factor authentication. Please check your verification code.
- You can’t reset your own password – The password resetting facility must be turned on for your student portal account. Please contact technical support and ask them to enable this functionality.
- Your user ID is not recognized – This error occurs when new students set up their accounts. Please ensure that you are accessing the GCU student portal and typing the correct user ID. You may also try clearing your browser cache and cookies.
- Your password has expired – The password for your student portal account will expire after every 180 days. You must create a new password to access the GCU student portal.
- Unsuccessful verification for resetting the password – If you have attempted five unsuccessful attempts to reset your password by entering a security code then you will have to wait for 24 hours to get password reset access. This error occurs due to the wrong verification code entered during the password reset process.
Overall, please follow the below-mentioned basic information.
- Please check the student portal URL.
- Please check your user ID and password while accessing your account.
- Please ensure to type the correct verification code.
- Please clear the browser cache and cookies or use a different browser.
- Please use a stable internet connection.
- Please change your password before 180 days.
- Always create a strong password that is hard to guess and does not contain your personal information and common words.
How to make a payment?
All students can log in to their student portal and make an online payment. There are slight changes in the online students’ and campus students’ payment processes. Please check the below steps.
Step 1: Visit the student portal login page and log in with your user ID and password.
Step 2: On the dashboard page, click the Finance Hub app under the apps section on the right side.
- Online students: Click the Add a new payment method link. Students will be redirected to the Payeezy portal which manages the credit cards. Add a credit card and save changes. After that click the Make Payment button to pay the required fee.
- Campus students: After clicking the Make Payment button, students will be redirected to the CashNet portal where they can enroll in a payment plan and pay the required fee online.
GCU Student mobile app
Direct link to download the GCU mobile app:
|Platform||Download link||Size||Current version|
|Android||Click here||28.0 MB||3.1.6|
|iOS||Click here||21.1 MB||3.1.7|
GCU Student mobile app login:
To access your account from the mobile app, please follow the below steps.
- Download the app from the above links.
- Open the GCU mobile app on your smartphone.
- Tap the Sign In button.
- On the sign-in page, enter your username and press the Next button.
- On the next page, enter your password and log in to your student account.
Navigating GCU student portal – Video
Please check out the below video guide about how to navigate to the GCU portal.
How to access Halo | Learn Classroom?
Halo Learn is an online Learning Management System currently used by Grand Canyon University to provide online learning facilities to students. Students can access their Halo Learn Classroom through their student portal or through a direct link.
To access Halo directly, please follow the below steps.
- Visit the direct link halo.gcu.edu
- Click the “SIGN IN WITH MICROSOFT” link.
- Microsoft login page will appear on the screen.
- Enter your GCU email address and password and access your classes.
Now you can access your Calendar, Announcements, Gradebook, Syllabus, etc from the Halo Learn Dashboard page. You can also access your course material, assignments, and instructor contact information.
Halo Learn is developed by Grandd Canyon Education Inc. for GCU University. Unlike Loudcloud, Halo is GCU’s LEM developed specifically for GCU students by taking inputs from the students and faculties. It is a cross-platform cloud-based LMS and provides all functionalities that Loudcloud offers.
GCU Student Portal – Technical support
In case of any technical issue related to the student portal, students can please call 1-877-428-8447 or visit the official website support.gcu.edu.
Submit a request:
You may also submit your request to the technical support team by filling out an online request form. Please follow the below steps.
- Visit the online support request web page https://support.gcu.edu/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Fill out the request form. Please ensure to type a valid and correct email address and also describe your issue.
- Press the Submit button.
|Grand Canyon University website||https://www.gcu.edu/|
|GCU Portal login links||https://gcuportal.gcu.edu/|
|Student portal login page||https://newportal.gcu.edu/|
|Faculty portal login page||https://facultyportal.gcu.edu/|
|Parent portal login page||https://parent.gcu.edu/|
|Name of the portal||GCU Student Portal|
|Offered by||Grand Canyon University|
|Learning mode||Online offline both|
|Purpose||To provide all essential student-related services through a digital medium|
|Beneficiary||All GCU students|
How to log in to the GCU faculty portal?
It is similar to the student portal login process.
i-Visit the GCU login portal and click the Faculty access link.
ii-On the faculty portal, click the Sign In button to open the Microsoft login page.
iii-Enter the faculty email address or phone number and click the Next button.
iv-On the next page, enter the password and click the Sign In button to access the GCU faculty account.
How to log in to the GCU parent portal?
GCU Parent Portal is a very helpful tool for parents to check students’ academic records such as attendance, grades, schedule, etc, and financial details such as balance, method of payments, etc.
To access the GCU parent portal, please follow the below steps.
i-Visit the GCU login portal and click the Parent Access link.
ii-Now, click the Parent Access link to launch the parent portal.
iii-On the next page, enter the parent’s email ID and password and click the Login button to access the GCU Parent account.
How to get access to the GCU Parent portal?
Parents can access the parent portal only after the proper access is provided to them by students by setting up and signing in the electronic Student Information Release Form (eSIRF).
Students must perform the below steps to enable parent portal access:
-Contact Student Services Counselor (SSC) to enable the eSIRF form.
-Sign In to GCU Student Portal and click the Edocs App on the student portal dashboard or visit https://portaledocs.gcu.edu/ directly.
-Select the Student Information Release Form.
-Select “I wish to grant the following third party the ability to receive my information”.
-Select Parent/Guardian under Reason for Release.
-Now select what information you want parents can access under Information to be Released. The information you select will be available in the parent portal.
-Enter parent information such as Parent/Guardian’s first and last name, Phone number, Street address (city, state, and zip code), and Email address.
-Finally, set up a FERPA PIN/Password for the parent portal and share it with your parent directly.
-Parents will receive an email and they can start using their parent portal.
What is GCU Loudcloud?
GCU Loudcloud is a learning management system used by Grand Canyon University that provided many useful features that students can access while using the portal. Students can check the weekly calendar and find information about the courses.
On the left side of this portal, students can access the course materials, day-wise topics, and tasks/assignments under every topic section.
Students can log in to the student portal and access the Loudcloud app from the app section. Use your login credentials to sign in to the Loudcloud app.
What is the GCU average class size?
On average, there are around 25 students in each class.
How do enroll in the undergraduate program at GCU?
You must fulfill the required eligibility criteria for enrollment at grand canyon university. More details about GCU admission requirements are available through the link.
If you are fulfilling the application criteria then you may proceed to submit an online application form through the GCU admission portal https://www.gcu.edu/rmi/apply-now link. You will have to complete four steps in the enrollment process.
1-Submit Admissions Form
2-Submit Your Transcripts
3-Explore Financial Aid
4-We Help You Through
After submitting the application, the admission counselor will contact you regarding further processes.
If you have an existing application then you can log in to the Grand Canton University application login portal at https://apply.gcu.edu/Account/Login.
How to access the GCU student health portal?
Please check the below steps.
i-Visit the GCU health portal at https://gcu.studenthealthportal.com/.
ii-A login page will appear on the homepage. Enter your student ID number, and password, and click the Login button to access your student health account.
If you haven’t registered on this portal then visit the registration page https://gcu.studenthealthportal.com/Registration/Register and register a new account.
How can I access my email?
Students will have two options to access their emails.
1-Through the GCU portal.
2-Through direct link outlook.office.com.
Students can click the Email app on their student portal dashboard page or visit the Outlook website and access their inbox by using their email address and password.