Illinois Link Card, www.Link.Illinois.gov Balance check, new account registration and activation, check, login and access your link card account, and related information are available in this article.
After reading this article, you will find…
- How to log in to my Illinois link account?
- How to check my EBT card balance?
- How to use your EBT card safely?
- What are the benefits, features, and services available through my link account and link card?
- How to check deposit/transaction history?
- How to check the benefit schedule?
- How to find the nearest SNAP retailers?
- How to apply for SNAP (Food Assistance) benefits?
If you are looking for this information then you are at the right place. You will find the latest and updated information in this article.
Please have a look below…
What is an Illinois link card?
If you are approved to receive Food Stamps (SNAP) benefits in Illinois state then you will receive a debit card to get the allotted cash every month. This debit card is called a Link Card which is also known as an EBT card.
Every month, link cardholders will receive their food assistance benefits in this card as cash that they can withdraw from an ATM or they can buy food from authorized retailers or grocery shops.
The entire Link Program is managed by the Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) which is also responsible to deposit the allotted benefits into a customer account as per the Benefit schedule.
Illinois link account:
All link cardholders can register an online account online to manage their account and access important information and services. Customers can register a new account through the official link card website www.Link.Illinois.gov.
On this web page, customers can find links to manage their link card account, help documents, customer service information, and other related details. Customers can visit the Illinois EBT Link Card Website through this page.
Illinois link account benefits:
- Login and manage your link account.
- Edit your personal information such as the address, PIN, other information, etc.
- Check your Link account balance, recent transaction, and previous history online
- Create a new PIN for your link card or change your old PIN
- Report a lost Link card and order a replacement Link card
- Select your first PIN or change your current PIN
- Check your Benefits Schedule
Let’s check out how to register a new account and login into your account.
How to log in and manage my Illinois link account?
Please check the detailed login steps below to log in and manage your account online.
1-Illinois Link login on the cardholder portal:
Step 1: Visit the Illinois link web page on the Department of Human Resources website at www.Link.Illinois.gov. or click the alternative link www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=35280.
Step 2: You will find the Illinois Link Card Website link on this page. Click this link to open the Link Card official website. You will see a login page on the screen.
Note: Customers can also visit the login page directly by clicking the www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=47355 link.
Step 3: Enter your User ID and Password and press the Login button to access your Link account.
If your user ID and password are correct, you will be redirected to your account dashboard page. If the User ID or Password is wrong then you can check the account recovery process given below.
2-Illinois Link login on the mobile app:
A mobile app is also available and customers can download the mobile app and access their account. The mobile app offers the same type of functionality that the online portal provides.
Please check EBTEdge mobile app login article for the complete information and step-by-step guide about how to download the mobile app and access your account.
How to recover your account?
If your password or User ID is not working and your account has been locked then you can take help through the self-service account recovery options. Please check below.
Visit the Link account login page and click the “Trouble Signing in” link available on the login form. You will see account recovery options on the next page (as shown below).
- Select the Forgot Password option if you want to reset your password.
- Enter your User ID and press the Next button.
- On the next page, answer all the security questions you have set up while registering your account and press the Next button.
- If the answer to the security questions is correct, you will receive an email from the email ID “[email protected]” including a temporary password.
- Login to your account by using this temporary password.
- After login in, you will see a password reset screen. Enter this temporary password in the old password space and enter a new one you can remember.
- Click the Save button. You have successfully created a new password.
ii-Forgot User ID:
If you forgot your Link account User ID then you can not recover that. You will have to again register a new account to create a new User ID. Select the Forgot User ID option and press the Register button to register a new account.
iii-Unlock User ID:
If a user types the wrong password or user id while trying to log in then the user ID will be locked out after three unsuccessful attempts. The customer will also get an email about this. If your user ID has been locked then you can follow the below steps to unlock that.
- Visit the Link account login page and click the “Trouble Signing in” link.
- On the next page, select the Unlock User Id option, enter your User ID, and press the Next button.
- On the next page, write answers to all challenge questions and press the Next button.
- You will get an email including a link.
- Open your inbox and click the link to unlock your user ID.
How to register a new Illinois Link account?
Create a new link card account by visiting the official website. We are sharing easy registration steps below. Please have a look.
Step 1: First of all, visit the official login page of the link card website and click the Register here link. An online registration form will be displayed on the next page (as shown below).
Step 2: You will have to complete the three steps required to register a new account.
i-Create new User ID and Password:
Fill out the registration form by entering all required details such as new User ID and Password, name, email address, and phone number.
Password requirements: The password must be 6-8 characters long and must contain at least one upper case alphabetical character, one lower case alphabetical character, and one number.
ii-Set up security questions:
Choose three security questions and write their answer as per your choice which is easy to remember. These answers will help you reset your password and unlock your account. Press the Done button after writing answers to all questions.
iii-Linking User ID to Account:
In the last step, you will have to add your Link card to your account.
- Click Add Account to add a Link card.
- Enter your card Number and Click the NEXT link to validate your card.
- Verify the cardholder’s identity by entering all required Validation Criteria.
- Finally, click the “Add Card” link. Your card has been linked successfully to your account.
- Connect EBT portal: Login, check EBT Balance
- Georgia Gateway Login: Food Stamp Application gateway.ga.gov
How to activate the Link card?
New Link cards must be activated before making any transaction. Transaction will be rejected if the card is not activated. Please follow the below steps to activate your EBT card.
Activation simply means creating a four-digit PIN to use your card.
There are two ways you can activate your new card.
i-By calling customer service:
- Please call the customer service number at 1-800-678-5465.
- An automated dialer will assist you in the activation process.
- Please select your language first.
- When asked, enter your 16-digit or 19-digit card number.
- Your social security number and date of birth are also required.
- After the verification, crate a Four-digit PIN that is easy to remember.
ii-By login to your Link account:
- Visit the Link website login page.
- Login by using your User ID and password.
- Create a new PIN by using your card number and other details such as your SSN, and date of birth.
How to check EBT card balance?
If you want to check your Link card balance then there are multiple ways to do that. Please have a look below.
- Through link account – Log in to your Link account and check your current balance and transaction details.
- Through ATM – Visit any ATM and check the card balance by using your PIN. Please note that you can check your cash account balance only, not your SNAP benefits balance. Some ATMs may charge a fee for a balance inquiry.
- At stores – Some stores provide free Link card balance check service. There is even no need to purchase anything.
- Through customer service – Please call the customer service number 1-800-678-5465 and check your balance through the automatic dialer options.
- View your last receipt – Your card balance is available on your last receipt. When your purchase or withdrawal is complete, the terminal prints a receipt with the name and address of the store, the type of transaction, the date of transaction, the amount of your purchase or withdrawal, and the balance left in your account(s).
You should save your receipt every time you use your Illinois Link card so you know your balance the next time you go shopping.
If you are facing any type of issue or looking for any information related to your Link card or account then please call the Illinois Link phone number at 1-800-678-5465.
Please keep the below-mentioned information ready while calling.
- Your 16-digit or 19-digit card number.
- Your social security number.
- Date of birth.
Email helpline: Please write to [email protected].
|Link card web page||www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=30371|
|Manage Link card web page||www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=35280|
|Link card account login page||www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=47355|
|Link account registration page||cardholder.ebtedge.com/chp/index.html#?requestPage=register|
|Wikipedia article about Illinois||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois|
|ebtEDGE Login Help (pdf)||https://cardholder.ebtedge.com/chp/help/HelpLog-InDocEnglish.pdf|
|Name of the portal||Illinois EBT Link card|
|Developed by||FIS Global|
|Developed for||Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS)|
|Supported language||English, Español, Kreyòl Ayisyen, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Polish|
|Purpose||To provide SNAP or TANF benefits information to Illinois residents|
|Beneficiary||All eligible Illinois residents|
Where can I use my Link card?
If you got an Illinois Link card then you can use it at participating stores and grocery shops.
To find out which shops accept the Link card, you can find the Link sign at the shop entry, or please ask someone in the shop if they are accepting the Link card.
If the shop is accepting the card, you can buy food as per your SNAP benefits program or you can even get cash from some stores.
What is a Link card PIN?
Link card PIN is a four-digit number associated with every Link card. Once you receive a new Link card, you have to create a new PIN to use your card.
Without creating a PIN, you will not be able to make any transactions.
Customers can create a PIN by visiting the official website or by calling the customer service number.
-Don’t share your PIN with anyone.
-Keep your PIN safe and don’t write it anywhere on your Link card.
-If you think that someone knows your PIN then immediately call the customer service number or log in to your Link card account and change your PIN.
-You will be responsible for the loss of someone who makes any transaction through your card so please keep your card and PIN safe and secure.
-While entering your PIN, please ensure that no one can see your PIN.
-Don’t enter the wrong PIN multiple times. If you enter the wrong PIN four times in a row, your card and Illinois benefits account will be blocked. In this case, you will have to create a new PIN.
What is the validity of my SNAP benefits?
Illinois SNAP benefits will not be available for you if you don’t use your benefits for 1 year. It is advised to use your benefits or at least withdraw cash from an ATM.
All unused benefits will roll over to the next month for a one-year duration and the benefits will be stopped if there is no more transaction for one year. So we can say that the validity of SNAP benefits and cash benefits will be 1 year if unused.
Can I get my cash benefits into my Bank account?
Yes, this facility may be available. Customers can get their cash benefits directly into their Bank account instead of receiving them into their Link card.
You will have to visit your nearest DHS office and ask for more details about this.
When will I receive my Link card?
After submitting your application, if you have been approved for the SNAP benefits then a new Link card will be delivered to the registered address through Mail.
Mail will take around 7 days to deliver your card. Please contact your caseworker after 10 days if you don’t receive your card.
What if I lost my Link card?
If you accidentally lost your Link card or someone has stolen it then immediately log in to your Link account on the official website and change your PIN. After that, report your stolen/lost card. If you don’t have an account, call the customer service number and report your stolen card.
You will get a replacement card within 7 days at your registered address. There is no need to create a new PIN. You can use your old PIN with your new card.
Once you report your lost or stolen card, your lost card will be blocked to use for the SNAP benefits and you will have to wait until you get our replacement card.
What are Link card fees and charges?
There are no charges for receiving your SNAP benefits. Charges may be applied for using the services or if there is any limit on using any service. Please check the below details.
-You can use your card at any ATM if it accepts a Link card.
-ATM can be used to withdraw cash and check account balance.
-Only two free cash withdrawals are permitted every month. There are charges after the first two transactions.
-You can withdraw cash in the multiple of $10.00 or $20.00 in some ATMs. Please check your account balance if you have enough money.
-It is a great idea to get cash through a participating store that accepts Link card and provide cash. You can avoid ATM surcharges.
Note: Two free transactions every month includes both cash withdrawal and balance inquiry. If you make one cash withdrawal and one balance inquiry then it will be counted as two transactions.
Source 1: Illinois Department of Human Services, Source 2: fisglobal.com