How to log in to my.vccs.edu account and access important resources such as VCCS SIS, VCCS Canvas, etc. What are the requirements and guidelines for a secure and easy login?
In this article, we are sharing step-by-step details about accessing Virginia’s Community Colleges services and applications. We will also share the account recovery and troubleshooting tips. Please check below.
Online services have become a requirement for all educational institutes to provide digital solutions to students, faculty, and employees. There are different types of online portals universities and schools use to provide academic services in an online mode.
Virginia’s Community Colleges also developed an online system MyVCCS which is a centralized hub for most of the institute resources. Students can log in and access different academic services and tools such as Student Information System (SIS), Learning Management System (Canvas), etc.
Let’s check out more details below.
What is MyVCCS Portal?
My VCCS is an online web-based portal developed by Virginia’s Community Colleges for all students studying in 23 colleges. This portal provides all academic resources, tools, and services that help students easily manage their academic life and complete their programs successfully.
Some colleges use a customized version of the VCCS portal which is accessible through a different URL. All students create their username and password during their enrollment.
VCCS SIS login:
SIS is a student information system that students can access after logging in to their VCCS portal. You can review your course requirements and register through the SIS button. Students can use the SIS portal to Register for Classes by clicking the Student Information System button.
MyVCCS portal allows students to review their academic plan, required classes, to-do list, and advising information by clicking the Navigate button before registering. Access to Navigate will be available 24 hours after submitting your online application.
How do I log into MyVCCS?
To Log In, visit the MyVCCS portal at my.vccs.edu, enter your username and password, verify your identity through Multi-Factor Authentication, and Sign In to your account.
MyVCCS Login requirements:
Please check the login requirements given below.
- Students must be a part of any college of Virginia’s Community Colleges.
- Students must have their login credentials.
- Students must have a secure device and a modern secure web browser installed on that device.
- A properly working internet connection is highly recommended.
- Students must set up Multi-Factor Authentication.
Students can follow the simple steps given below.
- Visit Virginia’s Community Colleges Website.
- Open the MyVCCS Portal.
- Enter Your Login Credentials.
- Verify Your Identity
- Access Your Account.
We are also sharing the complete details of each step below.
Step 1. Visit the Virginia’s Community Colleges Website.
First of all, open a web browser on your device and open the official website www.vccs.edu.
Step 2. Open the MyVCCS Portal.
Move down to the footer of the website and click the MyVCCS link.
You can also visit the My VCCS portal directly at my.vccs.edu. You will find a login form on the screen.
Step 3. Enter Your Login Credentials.
In the MyVCCS login form, enter your username and click the Go button. Enter your password and proceed with the next step.
Step 4. Verify Your Identity
In the next step, you will have to verify your identity through the Multi-Factor Authentication method you have set up while setting up your account. It may be verification through text SMS or push notification.
Step 5. Access Your Account.
After the identity verification, you will have access to your account. You will be directed to the MyVCCS dashboard page.
How to set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
Enrolling in two-factor authentication is mandatory now for all VCCS accounts in Virginia’s Community Colleges. It’s an added security other than your username and password.
After the MFA is set up, you will have to authenticate your login through your MFA method such as by allowing a push notification or by entering a security code, etc.
Different methods are available to set up VCCS MFA as mentioned below.
- Time-based one-time password – Can be used with Microsoft and Google Authentication Apps.
- Push notification – Secure Passwordless Authentication.
- Webauthn – The most secure authentication. May require the purchase of a FIDO key
- SMS-based – A security code will be sent through SMS. (Low security) – Use it only if you don’t have a smartphone.
- Email-based – A security code is sent to a registered email address. (least secure). It is always available if other MFA options are not available.
Setting up Multi-Factor Authentication is very easy and takes only a few minutes. Check the official MFA Setup guide for a complete overview. You can also view the video guide.
My VCCS Canvas Login
Virginia’s Community Colleges uses the Canvas Learning Management System to manage the courses and online learning in all 23 colleges.
All students and teachers who have the authorization to use the Canvas LMS can log in to their account and access academic courses, assignments, classroom discussions, schedules, etc services.
Canvas is supported on multiple platforms. Students can also access their accounts through the Canvas mobile app on their smartphone.
VCCS Instructure Login:
Students can access their Canvas portal through the direct URL. Please follow the below steps.
- Visit the VCCS Canvas portal login page at https://vccs.instructure.com.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- You may be asked to verify your identity if MFA is enabled.
- Access your account.
Note: You can access Canvas if your MyVCCS account is already activated.
VCCS Canvas login through the Canvas Mobile App:
Students can download the official Canvas app from the Google Play or Apple App Store and access their accounts on a smartphone. It allows 24/7 access to your accounts with an improved user experience.
Download the Canvas app through the below links.
After downloading is finished, open the app on your device and search for your institute. After that login to your account by entering your login credentials.
Search VCCS Canvas URL and login
If you do not remember the web URL of the Canvas portal then you can search for that on the Canvas Community website. Please follow the below steps.
- Visit the Canvas School Finder page.
- Type the name of your VCCS college in the search bar.
- A few links will be populated for Canvas links as per your search keywords.
- Find the link for your college and click that.
- The Canvas Login page will open the screen.
- Enter your login credentials to access your account.
MyVCCS Account Recovery
All students receive their username and password while submitting their enrollment application. If somehow students forget their login credentials then they can recover them with the help of the below procedures.
How to recover the My VCCS username?
- Open the myVCCS log-in screen and click the ‘Forgot My Username’ link.
- On the next page, enter your email address.
- Please enter your personal email address which is associated with your account.
- Click the Next button.
- Your username will be sent to your personal email address.
- Check for the new email and find your username.
How to reset the MyVCCS Password?
- Open the myVCCS log-in screen and click the ‘Forgot My Password’ link.
- On the next page, enter your myVCCS username and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will see available phone and email authentication options as per your MFA setup.
- Choose any one method and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will get an email or SMS including a security code.
- Check your message, you must receive your Claim Code.
- Click the Reset Password link in the email and enter the Claim Code on the next screen.
- You can now create a new password for your MyVCCS account.
After creating a new password, log in to your account and access any service.
How can I log in to my VCCS edu email?
All students get a Virginia Community College System (VCCS) email account that they can use to communicate with instructors related to courses and classes.
VCCS is using the Google Apps through Google Workspace account. The student’s email address will be [email protected].
To access the email account.
- Visit www.email.vccs.edu
- Click View your email account link OR
- Visit mail.google.com/a/email.vccs.edu
- Enter your MyVCCS username and password.
- View your email.
Note: Students can also access their Gmail account directly after logging in to their MyVCCS account by clicking the Gmail icon.
MyVCCS Student Support
All VCCS colleges have their support system. Visit the MyVCCS support web page to find VCCS portal-related support or click the below links to get support for your college.
You can also send an email to support.vccs.edu.
Which College are you affiliated with?
|Patrick & Henry
|University of Southern California website
|Tuition and Fees
|Search program and courses
|Apply for Admission
About the VCCS
Virginia’s Community Colleges was started in 1966 by Gov. Mills Godwin. Initially, it was financed by the state’s first-ever sales tax. Two colleges have started to serve around 7,500 students. Currently, 23 colleges through 40 campuses are associated with VCCS.
As per the Fall 2022 data, 79,000+ students enrolled in full-time programs and 90,000+ students enrolled in distance learning programs. Out of the total student population, around 41% are Male and 59% are female.
|Career Studies Certificates
|Name of the portal
|MyVCCS Student and VCCS Canvas Portal
|Virginia’s Community Colleges
|All 23 colleges of Virginia’s Community Colleges
|All 23 colleges of Virginia’s Community Colleges
|All enrolled students in the Virginia’s Community Colleges
Getting access to online student accounts is very easy and takes only a few minutes. To help students we have already shared a step-by-step process for accessing different tools such as the MyVCCS portal and Canvas LMS.
These tools provide all types of functionalities and services that a student needs to easily complete their college programs.
We have tried to share all the relevant information in this article and hope that this article will help resolve your issues or provide you with the information you were looking for.