STC Blackboard login and account access process. How students can access all helpful services offered by the Blackboard login STC? What are the login requirements and guidelines students must follow and how do resolve all login-related issues? Check everything you need to know about the STC Blackboard portal in this article.
South Texas College is using the Blackboard product suite to manage the online learning service. Blackboard is a Learning Management System (LMS) that offers all important learning-related services to instructors and students. Blackboard helps students access their course content anytime anywhere while interacting with instructors and other students.
How to access the STC Blackboard web page?
- Visit the official South Texas College website at https://www.southtexascollege.edu/.
- Click the BLACKBOARD link located in the top bar and in the footer section of the website.
South Texas College Students can also access the official Blackboard web page directly at https://southtexascollege.blackboard.com/.
STC Blackboard login
Blackboard login is required to access all learning services, and resources, participate in the online discussions, submit assignments, etc. Students can follow the below steps to log in to their Blackboard account.
All you just need is
- A valid Blackboard URL of your institute
- Your username
- Your password
- A device such as a laptop, desktop, or smartphone
- A mobile app if using a smartphone
Steps to login:
Step 1: If you open the official web page by using the above-mentioned steps, you will see a login form on the screen (as shown below).
Step 2: If you have your username and password, enter them in the login form and press the Sign In button to access your Blackboard account dashboard page.
STC Blackboard Alternate login option:
An alternate login link is also available below the login form. If you click this link, an SSO login form will appear on the screen. A Single-Sign-On login facility is used to access all online applications of the South Texas College. You will have to enter your username and password to access the Blackboard application.
How to reset the STC Blackboard password?
A Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) application has been developed to manage, change, and reset your password. If you have been locked out of Jagnet or Blackboard then you will have to reset your password through the SSPR portal.
How to access the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) tool?
There are two ways you can access the MyPassword web portal.
- Open the Blackboard web page and click the Forgot Password link located under the Blackboard login form. A Self-Service Password Reset Assistant application will appear in a pop-up.
- You may also visit the MyPassword website directly at https://mypassword.southtexascollege.edu/ or https://www.southtexascollege.edu/mypassword/index.html
How to use the SSPR service?
You will have to complete the one-time registration and create a Self-Service Password Reset account.
- On the MyPassword website, click the Register and Update Your Settings link.
- You will see a Microsoft login page.
- Login by using your South Texas College email address.
Note: If you are an employee and signing from outside the college then you will have to complete the additional 2-factor authentication by using the Duo mobile app.
How to register in the Self-Service-Password Reset service?
After signing in you will see a security info page where you will have to add two authentication methods. Adding authentication methods prevents the account from unauthorized password reset access.
1-Click the Add Sign-In method link and choose an authentication method such as
- Authenticator app
- Alternate Phone
- Security Questions
- Office Phone
You may use the Phone and Email authentication methods as they are easily accessible.
2-Select the Phone option and click the Add button. On the next screen, enter your phone number and select any one option from Call me and Text me a Code and click the Next button.
3-Enter the verification code received through a text message or phone call and press the Next button. Your Phone is now registered as an authentication method.
Now you can add another authentication method such as your Email by following similar steps.
How to reset the password?
After adding the two authentication methods, you can change your password or unlock your account whenever required. Please check the below password reset steps.
1-Visit the MyPassord website and click the Change Password or Unlock Account link. On the next screen, enter your username or email (college email address) and type the image characters in the given space and press the Next button.
You will get two options on the next screen.
- I Forgot my Password – To reset and create a new password.
- I know my Password but still can’t Sign In – To unlock your account and retain your current password. It is helpful in case you have entered the wrong password multiple times.
2-Select the I Forgot my Password option and press the Next button. Complete the verification process by selecting the verification method you have set in your MyPassword account. You will have to complete both verification methods.
3-After the verification, create a new password on the next screen and log in to your account by using the newly created password.
Note: For password-related help, students may also call the 1-956-872-2111 phone number or send an email to [email protected].
STC Blackboard Mobile app
There is an official Blackboard mobile app available to download. It offers all learning resources and other facilities similar to the web portal. Now Students and Instructors can easily connect and access the virtual classrooms and collaborate for knowledge sharing anytime, anywhere.
- To download the official mobile app, visit the Blackboard app web page.
- You will find the Android and iOS app links at the end of this web page.
- Click the app link to download the app on your smartphone.
Direct app download links:
|Platform||Download links||Current version|
STC Blackboard Login through mobile app:
- Open the app on your smartphone and search for “South Texas College”.
- Tap the Continue with Web-login, and accept the privacy statement
- On the next screen, tap the ‘Blackboard Login’ button.
- On the next screen, Enter your user ID and tap the Next button.
- On the next screen, enter your university Password.
- Finally, tap the Sign in and access your account.
How to take an online assessment exam in the STC Blackboard portal?
If you want to take an assessment exam then you will have to download the Respondus LockDown Browser. This browser is specially designed for the assessment and it locks several computer features such as internet access, file access, chat access, etc during the exam. Once the exam is finished, your system will be unlocked.
Below are the steps required to download the Respondus LockDown Browser:
- Log in to the STC Blackboard account by using your login credentials.
- In the Student Services tab located in the top right menu click the Respondus LockDown Browser download link according to your system.
- You will see a new icon for the new browser on your desktop.
- Click the icon to launch the Respondus LockDown Browser and start your assessment exam.
STC Blackboard Helpline
Student support service is available to help all students. In case you are looking for assistance, please call the helpline service at 956-872-2598 or send an Email to email@example.com.
Distance Learning Support is also available and students can submit a support ticket online. Visit the online support web page and click the Submit Help Desk Ticket link on the right sidebar. On the new page, you will find an online form powered by Microsoft. Enter your contact details and about your query and Submit this form.
- Blackboard Learn – Help Site
- Common Questions – Students
- Common Questions – Faculty
- Browser Support
- Blackboard Learn Help for Students
- Blackboard Learn Help for Faculty
|Official South Texas College website||https://www.southtexascollege.edu/|
|STC Blackboard web page||https://southtexascollege.blackboard.com/|
|Password help web page||https://mypassword.southtexascollege.edu/|
|Student support service||https://www.southtexascollege.edu/online/support.php|
|Name of the portal||South Texas College Blackboard|
|Developed by||Blackboard Inc.|
|Developed for||South Texas College|
|Purpose||To provide a digital learning platform to all students|
|Beneficiary||All students of South Texas College|
About South Texas College
South Texas College offers more than 127 graduate and certificate programs through regular and online classes. It was founded in 1993 and currently, around 2,200 employees and staff are working to help around 45000 students get the best quality education and training.
Online degree and certificate programs are available through the South Texas College Online where students can enroll, register themselves, and access academic services such as the library, Blackboard learning, bill payment, financial aid, etc.