https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in portal login: What is the TAFCOP portal and how a subscriber can check how many mobile SIM cards have been issued that are linked with subscribers’ Aadhar Card? How to track the mobile number on the Tafcop portal and report fraud activity online? Check all the latest updates in this article.
Update 16 May 2023: Department of Telecommunication (DoT), Government of India has launched a new Sanchar Saathi Portal. TAFCOP portal has also been integrated into the Sanchar Saathi portal at www.sancharsaathi.gov.in.
Now all the services of the TAFCOP portal are also moved to this new portal. If a subscriber wants to check how many mobile connections have been issued in his/her name then will have to check it through the new Sanchar Saathi portal.
Apart from the TAFCOP service, another module CEIR is also available through the Sanchar Saathi portal. CEIR module helps mobile subscribers to report lost/stolen mobile phones. Mobile IMEI number will be blocked once a subscriber report it and the stolen mobile phone can not be used with any telecom network provider in India.
Subscribers can also check if the IMEI number is blocked, invalid, or currently in use before buying a new mobile phone.
For more information, please check Sanchar Saathi article.
Tafcop Dgtelecom portal
Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has launched an online portal “Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAF-COP)”. This portal aims to prevent fraudulent activities and secure consumer information through a mobile number tracking facility.
The new “TAF-COP” DGtelecom portal helps all subscribers in India secure their personal interests and prevent any fraudulent activity carried out on their sim cards. Now all subscribers can check the total number of SIM Cards issued and linked to their Aadhar Card through the official website https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in and report any fraudulent or unauthorized activity such as if the SIM card is used by someone else.
This portal is a part of DGTelecom (Director General Telecom) and provides telecom analytics services online through the portal where consumers can check the total number of mobile connections currently working in their name and linked with the Aadhaar Card.
As per the existing guidelines, a subscriber can apply for a maximum of nine mobile connections in his/her name.
TAFCOP DGTelecom Portal features
There are many facilities provided through the TAFCOP portal to help subscribers manage and protect their mobile connections. Some of the key features are mentioned below.
- If a subscriber is having more than nine connections in his/her name, he/she will get an SMS through the portal. After getting the intimation of more than 9 connections through an SMS all subscribers can take the necessary action by logging in to the portal.
- Raise complaints: Subscribers can use the easy and convenient method to raise a complaint on the TAF-COP portal about any suspicious or fraudulent activity on their mobile connections. Subscribers can submit complaints online and track the status of their complaints. Once a subscriber sends a request online a “Ticket ID Ref No” will be generated which can be used to check the status.
- Subscribers can also check the status of the requests they have made after login in through the “request status” facility available on the portal. A “Ticket ID Ref No” will require for that.
- Sometimes people forget that they issued a mobile number a long time back that they are not using now so customers now get the facility to deactivate or block that number.
- Check currently active mobile numbers: Subscribers can log in to the TAF-COP portal and check how many mobile numbers are currently active and inactive.
|Name of the portal||Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection|
|Department||Department of Telecommunication, Government of India|
|Beneficiary||All mobile subscribers in India|
|Purpose||To provide a mobile number tracking and Fraud analytics facility|
TAFCOP Portal New update
- The tracking facility further extended to Ladakh(Leh), Nagaland, Manipur, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep, and Puducherry
- Now the Tafcop portal has extended the service coverage to other regions also.
- Now all consumers residing in Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Rajasthan, Telangana, Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram, and Arunachal Pradesh region can also check the total mobile number issued to them on their Aadhaar Card.
- Initially, the service was launched for the Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states in the testing phase.
Note: Currently this facility is available only to Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Consumers as written on the portal but other state consumers can also check the details of all sim cards activated in their name.
TAFCOP Dgtelecom Gov In login and tracking
If you want to check the total mobile number activated and linked with your Aadhaar Card then you can do this after the TAFCOP portal login.
Check the steps given below.
Step 1: Open the official portal at https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/
Step 2: After clicking this link you will be redirected to the home page of the TAF-COP portal where you will see a box to enter the mobile number (as shown below).
Step 3: Now to check the details of all sim cards issued and linked with your Aadhar Card just enter any one mobile number which you have and click the Request OTP button.
You will see a new OTP screen (as shown below).
Step 4: Now enter the OTP that you have received on your mobile in the given space and hit the Validate button.
Note: If you don’t receive any OTP then you may click the Resend OTP link.
Step 5: After the OTP verification you will be logged in to the portal where you will see a list of mobile sim cards issued on your Aadhaar card.
Since all mobile numbers are linked with identity proof so this list will include all mobile connections issued against your Aadhar Card or any other ID proof you have used.
You will see a list as shown in the below image.
Note: I have checked a mobile number registered in Uttar Pradesh west circle and this portal was working for that number and showing all issued sim cards (as shown above).
Report mobile number on TAFCOP DGtelecom portal?
Now you got a list of all mobile numbers, you can easily identify any suspicious number which you think is not issued by your consent.
After identifying that number just select the check box before that mobile number and also select any one option given below.
- This is not my number
- Not required
If this number is not issued by you you may select This is not my number, If you don’t need that number you may select the Not required option. After selecting any one option, click the Report link given below.
Your request will be submitted successfully to the Department of Telecommunication and the DOT will order the operator to block or deactivate that number.
You will also get a request reference ID which you can note down somewhere for future purposes.
- You don’t need to report anything for the number that you are currently using.
- If you are using a corporate mobile connection then it is possible that you will get a very long list of all corporate mobile connections working on any company ID.
- In that case, company officials will have to identify the mobile numbers.
How to check the report status on TAFCOP Portal?
If you have sent any request for any mobile number which you don’t require or don’t remember then you can check the current status of your request with the help of the below steps.
1-Open the official website tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in and log in through the OTP verification method.
2- After logging in on the portal you will see a request tracking box (as shown below).
3- Now you will have to enter your Ticket Ref ID which you got when you submitted your request.
4- After that click the Track button. Your current status will be shown on the screen.
Dot has already released the guidelines on Customer Acquisition and the primary responsibility of handling the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) lies with the service providers. As per the official guidelines, an operator can not issue more than nine mobile connections in a Subscriber’s name –
Report a complaint on Twitter after complaining on the TAF-COP DGtelecom portal
In case you are not getting any response to your complaint. You may also submit a complaint through the Dot India Twitter handle. Please check below the required information a complainant has to submit to DoT through Twitter.
- The mobile number from which the complaint is lodged on TAFCOP.
- The mobile number was reported to be deleted.
- TAFCOP ticket id
- If available the date on which the complaint was lodged
You may visit the DOT India Twitter handle at @DoT_India.
DoT Guidelines for Customer Acquisition
As per the order issued by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, An expert joint committee of DoT has released the guidelines to follow for customer acquisition. These guidelines must be followed by all operators and proper verification must be done before issuing a sim card.
- Customers will have to fill out the CAF form paste a recent photograph and attach the proof of Identity (POI) and proof of address (POA) and submit the CAF form to the Point of Sale person. After submitting the form the consumer will get a unique number before SIM activation.
- Subscriber must be provided a receipt including the CAF number, POI, POA, mobile number, issue date, and name of subscriber duly signed with a stamp of PoS.
- The person at the PoS must verify the details written in the Identity proof, Address proof with the original documents and match the attached photograph with the subscriber. After that PoS person shall sign and stamp the CAF form and all attached documents
- The employee who issues the license will update all details in the subscriber database managed by him/her. After that, the licensee will inform that all documents and information have been verified and stored in the database under his name and signature. After this verification customer’s SIM card will be activated.
- The date of sale of the SIM card and the activation of the SIM card must be recorded in the system. For this POS person must verify the customer’s signature at the time of SIM sale and the Licensee’s signature date at the time of verification must be recorded in the CAF.
- After the activation subscriber will get a customer care call for the tele verification of the identity and address proof. Without Tele-verification, customers will not be able to make any calls and can not receive calls as well. Calling customer care will be allowed only before tele verification.
- If a PoS person sells a pre-activated SIM card then Rs 50000/- penalty will be imposed and the SIM card will be deactivated.
- The same guidelines have to be followed in case of the prepaid to postpaid or postpaid to prepaid change of the mobile connection.
- There shall be no typing mistake in the CAF form and the licensee will be responsible for any mistake such as customer name, address, etc. The licensee must ensure that all personal information is correct and similar to the Address and Identity proof shared by the customer at the time of the new SIM card application.
How to use the Tafcop DGtelecom portal:
Customers can also view the below-given video to know more about how the Tafcop portal works.
Update April 22, 2022: DoT Kerala has announced that the Tafcop portal has been launched and Kerala LSA customers can check. Now customers from the Kerala, Lakshadweep, and Mahe regions can retain up to 9 numbers and choose which numbers they don’t want to use.
Update April 23, 2021: Dot India shared a tweet from their official tweeter handle about the launch of Telecom Analytics For Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAFCOP).
Frequently asked questions
Is Tafcop a genuine legit website or a fake website?
Tafcop portal is a government of India website which comes under the Department of Telecom and is directly managed by the Director-General Telecom.
As this website is using a “.gov.in” domain extension which is issued only for government websites in India so it is definitely a real and genuine website.
How do I find out how many mobile numbers I have in my name?
All consumers can check out the number of SIM cards linked to their Aadhaar Card by visiting the official TAF-COP portal tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in. We have mentioned a step-by-step tutorial in our article which will help you to identify all numbers issued on your name.
How many sim cards can a person have in his name?
As per the official guidelines issued by the Department of Telecommunication India, a person can not have more than nine mobile connections issued in his name and it is the responsibility of mobile operators to not issue more than nine sim cards to a person.
If a person has more than nine mobile connections then he will receive an SMS through the TAFCOP portal.
Key Features of the Tafcop Dgtelecom Portal?
Below are some important features of the portal.
Check the number of SIM cards: Tafcop Portal provides an easy method to identify how many SIM cards are registered on the same name and if there is someone who is misusing any other SIM card.
Check complaint status: If the subscriber found any suspicious activity then he can rise a complaint on the Tafcop portal and also check the status of his complaint through the complaint reference number.
Easy and user-friendly interface: TAF-COP portal is very easy to use and offers a user-friendly interface and a simple tracking facility. All the features are easily accessible without any technical knowledge.
TAFCOP portal is still new and may include more features in the future through regular updates according to the feedback provided by subscribers.
What is Tafcop Portal?
Tafcop portal also known as the “Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection” is an online web-based portal developed by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), India to prevent fraudulent activities and report unauthorized SIM cards online through a mobile number tracking service.
How to download Tafcop DGTelecom mobile app?
Currently, there is no mobile app available to download. All consumers can access the Tafcop services through an online web-based portal. The online website is fully responsive and consumers can access this portal very easily through a mobile browser.
What are the Tafcop portal login requirements?
Please check the below login requirements.
-Consumers must have a secure and personal device to access the portal.
-A secure and latest browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge must be installed on the device to open the official Tafcop website.
-Properly working internet connection must be available at the time of login.
-Consumers must be in a mobile network area to receive the login OTP.
How to register on the Tafcop portal?
Registration facility is not available on the portal. All consumers can directly log in by using their mobile numbers. Consumers can log in through the OTP verification method. All accounts are connected to the consumer’s mobile number.
Is the Tafcop portal provides service in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar?
Currently, Tafcop services are not available in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar state. A lot of consumers are asking when will Tafcop work in UP and Bihar but there is no official information available from DoT.
Identity theft was a common practice by fraudsters and it was very easy to issue a sim card on another person’s identity card.
DoT has implemented several measures and guidelines to prevent this type of fraud and continuously improve consumer protection management by implementing the eKYC, Fingerprint scan, etc.
Now, this Tafcop portal further helps consumers to identify if someone else is using any sim working on their identity. Subscribers can easily check if there are any connections registered in their name that they are unaware of and raise complaints if they suspect any fraudulent activity or misuse of their mobile connection.
SIM card tracking and reporting facility by the TAF-COP portal help subscribers to prevent any unauthorized usage of their identity. Got to the
Go to the official TAF-COP portal website https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/, log in through the OTP login method, and track mobile connections linked to your Aadhaar. Now. Please note that this portal is available for Indian mobile numbers only.
Finally, Thanks for reading this article, and please let us know your views about this new portal in the comment section below.
- @DoT_India, implemented for Bihar consumers, Twitter, Feb. 02, 2023. Accessed on: Feb. 04, 2023. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/DoT_India/status/1621094347377901570
- @DoT_India, Ladakh(Leh), Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep and Puducherry Consumers. The complainant is advised to use this portal only when it gets, Twitter, Feb. 02, 2023. Accessed on: Feb. 04, 2023. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/DoT_India/status/1621094345507246080.
- @DoT_India, it is informed that TAFCOP is not implemented in Bihar. It is clearly mentioned on The reply received from the concerned LSA is as under: the TAFCOP portal that currently this facility is available only to Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Rajasthan, Telangana, Jammu & Kashmir,, Twitter, Feb. 02, 2023. Accessed on: Feb. 04, 2023. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/DoT_India/status/1621094343565279232.
- Official website, https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/.
- Department of Telecommunications to launch of TAFCOP Portal in Kerala, Press Information Bureau, April. 22, 2022, Accessed on: Nov. 02, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1819036
- @LSA_RJ_DOT, Sh. Dwarka Karol, Director (Compliance), DoT Raj. LSA delivered presentation on TAFCOP Utilization in workshop on Security Related matter of South and West zone at Bengaluru on 15th & 16th Sept. 22. DOT,LEAs Officials & representatives from Telecom Industry attended the workshop, Twitter, Sept. 21, 2022. Accessed on: Nov. 02, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/LSA_RJ_DOT/status/1572544999270797319.
- @DoT_JKLSA, Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has launched TAFCOP portal for subscribers of J&K circle to check the number of mobile connections working in their name using link https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in, Twitter, Aug. 12, 2022. Accessed on: Nov. 02, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/DoT_JKLSA/status/1558057934692618245.
- @PIBShillong, A Seminar on ‘Electromagnetic Radiations from Mobile Towers & Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAFCOP)’ is underway today in Shillong #Meghalaya. DDG, NE LSA @DoT_India Shri Ajay Kumar Sahu is presiding the Seminar, Twitter, Oct. 13, 2021. Accessed on: Nov. 02, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/PIBShillong/status/1448179246237556739.
- @pib_comm, Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAFCOP) system to be created at License Service Area level, Twitter, Feb. 15, 2021. Accessed on: Nov. 02, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://twitter.com/pib_comm/status/1361280281513181188.
Note: Please don’t share your personal contact number in the comment section below. It is a public website and everyone can see the contact number. Instead, please contact the Department of Telecom India on Twitter https://twitter.com/dop and ask for help. DoP customer service is active on Twitter and you will definitely get a reply.