Check the complete information about Walmart Money Card in this article. What is Walmart Money Card? How to log in and access your account?
What are the important services and facilities it offers to customers and how do access different services? Please stay with us and check all updated details here.
What is the Walmart Money card?
Walmart Money Card is a debit card offered by Walmart to its customers in partnership with the Green Dot Bank. Green Dot Bank is the card issuer and manages all terms and conditions and eligibility criteria related to this card.
Walmart Money Card is a reloadable debit card where customers can deposit their money and use it anywhere. Customers will also be eligible to earn interest on the deposited money.
If you are a regular Walmart shopper then the Walmart Money card provides a great money management facility for regular customers. Shop with your MoneyCard and also earn cashback on all purchases.
Benefits to customers:
- Earn cash back – Earn cash back on all purchases you made through this card. Customers will get 3% cash back at Walmart.com, 2% at Walmart fuel stations, & 1% at Walmart stores – up to $75.
- Overdraft facility – Enjoy the overdraft protection of up to $200 with opt-in & eligible direct deposit
- Earn Interest – Customers will earn interest on their deposit at a 2% interest rate on a maximum of $1000 balance in their account.
- Cash prizes – Customers will get a chance to win cash prizes each month.
- Direct Deposit – Your salary payment and government benefits can be deposited in your Money Card. This payment will be deposited 2 days earlier through the free ASAP direct deposit facility.
You may also like,
- Use anywhere – Customers can use this card anywhere where Debit MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S.
- Open additional accounts – Four additional accounts can be opened through the mobile app for 13+ years of age, through your activated, personalized card.
- Card lock facility – Lock or Unlock your card instantly through the mobile app. This facility is useful in case you misplaced your card or it has been stolen.
- Monthly fee waiver – There will be a monthly fee of $5.94 if the monthly balance is below $500. There will be no monthly in case of direct deposit of $500+ amount.
- No minimum balance criteria – There is no minimum monthly balance requirement. However, you will have to pay a monthly fee if the balance goes below $500.
- FDIC insured – Similar to a bank account, your money is fully insured by FDIC.
Fee & charges:
There are different types of fees a customer have to pay. Please check the below details.
|Fee type||Fee amount|
|Card purchase fee||$1.00 (one-time)|
|Cash deposit fee||Up to $4.95 at different retailers|
$3.00 at the Walmart store
|Walmart check cashing fee||$0|
|ATM withdrawal fee||$2.50|
|Fee for Withdrawal at a Walmart store||$0|
|Teller cash withdrawal fee||$2.50|
|Cardless funds pick-up fee (when the Card is lost or stolen)||$3.00|
|Cardless funds pick-up fee (when you close your Account)||Up to $5.00|
|ATM balance inquiry fee||$0.50|
|Foreign transaction fee||3% Of the U.S. dollar amount|
|Paper check fee (pack of 12 checks)||$5.95|
|A card replacement fee (regular delivery)||$3.00|
|A card replacement fee (expedited delivery)||$15.00|
Important points related to fees:
- The card purchase fee is for purchasing a limited-use starter card at the Walmart store.
- The overdraft fee will be waived if you maintain a $0 or more amount in your account within 14 hours.
- A $5.94 monthly fee will be waived in case of direct deposit of a paycheck or government benefit of $5– or more.
- If you choose regular delivery for card replacement it will be delivered within 7 to 10 business days but if you choose expedited delivery it will be delivered within 3 business days.
Also read, How to add money and check Walmart Money Card Balance
Limits on account:
Certain limits are applicable to the Money Card account. Please check the below details.
|The maximum allowed account balance||$10,000|
|Daily cash deposits||$3,000|
|Daily Cash Withdrawals||$300 in cash per transaction and $500 per day from ATMs |
$1,500 in cash through teller withdrawal
$1,000 per transaction and up to $3,000 per day At Walmart MoneyCenters
|Total Daily Purchase and Cash Withdrawal||up to $10,000 per day|
|Monthly External Account Funding Transactions||up to $1,500 per month|
Walmart Money Card Login
Your online account is the primary location to access all important services and features offered by the Money Card. Customers can access the below-mentioned services after login into their account.
- Add money to your account from a bank account.
- Check account balance and view transaction summary.
- Deposit checks in your account through your smartphone.
There are certain things that need to follow in order to securely log in to your Money Card account.
- Always use a trusted device to access your money cards accounts such as your personal smartphone, laptop, or desktop.
- Always use the latest web browser if you are accessing the online website.
- Register first and create an account.
- If possible, use an on-screen keyboard to enter sensitive information such as your password.
- Only use the official website or mobile to log in and access your account.
If you have read all the above-mentioned instructions then please check the login process given below.
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Click the Log In link located in the top menu. A login page will appear on the next screen (as shown below).
Step 3: Enter your User ID and Password in this login form and press the Log-In button to access your account.
You may also like,
How to recover the User ID and Password?
If a customer forgets the Username and password of the Walmart Money Card account then there is a facility available to recover them. Please check the below steps.
User ID and Password recovery process:
Step 1: Open the official website and click the Log-In link available in the top menu.
Step 2: On the login page, click the Forgot User ID/Password? link. You will see different options available for you to recover the username and password (as shown below).
Step 3: You will see three options on the account recovery form.
- I have my User ID – Click this option. On the next page enter your User ID and Social Security Number and click the Continue button.
- I have my card – Enter your Card number, CVV number, and Social Security Number, and click the Continue button.
- I do not know my User ID or have my card – Enter your Social Security Number and ZIP code and click the Continue button.
Step 4: After clicking the Continue button, follow the on-screen instructions to recover your account.
If you don’t even have your Social Security number then please call (877) 937-4098 and speak to a customer service representative to resolve your login issue.
Walmart Money Card Customer Service
Customer Care: For any inquiries, please call (877) 937-4098.
Mailing Address: You may also write to…
P.O. Box 5100
Pasadena, CA 91117
|Account recovery page||https://secure.walmartmoneycard.com/account/auth/pick-one|
|Report stolen card||https://secure.walmartmoneycard.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen|
|Name of card||Walmart Money Card|
|Offered by||Walmart Inc|
|Issued by||Green Dot Bank|
|Card network provider||Mastercard|
|Who can apply||Anyone who is 18+ years of age|
Frequently asked questions
When will I get my cashback?
All customers will receive their cashback amount after the end of the reward year in their Money Card account.
Customers will be automatically enrolled in the cash-back program after account registration and activation.
Customers can redeem cash back after 1 year by crediting the money to their primary account with the help of the official website or mobile app.
What is the Overdraft protection offered by the Money Card?
Overdraft protection is available for the Money Card account. Two types of overdraft protection are available Basic and Premium.
You will have to opt-in to use this service through the website or mobile app.
There is a $15 fee will be applied to each eligible purchase transaction that brings your account negative.
If you add money to your account and bring it to $0 or more within 24 hours then the overdraft fee will be waived.
How a customer receives the interest?
Customers will be eligible to earn interest on the total amount available in their savings accounts. Interest will be given after 1 year of the date of enrollment.
Interest will be paid according to the daily average balance calculated by Walmart up to a maximum daily balance of $1000.
The saving account must be in good standing to receive the interest benefit.
Can I open an additional account for a family member?
All personalized card accounts can open up to four-family accounts. A primary card account must be registered and activated to use this facility.
Family members in the age group 13 to 18 years are eligible to get an additional card.
Can I use Money Card at ATM?
Yes, All customers who get a personalized card can use the ATM to withdraw money from their account.
They must set up a PIN while registering their account. Family member accounts can not use the ATM withdrawal facility.
What is the difference between a primary deposit account and a saving account?
There are two types of accounts you will use in your Walmart Money Card.
1-Deposit account (non-interest-bearing)
2-Saving account (interest-bearing)
By default, all the money you add to your account goes to your deposit account which is a non-interest-bearing primary deposit account and you will not earn any interest on this fund.
If you want to earn interest then you will have to move your money to your Saving account through the mobile app or online website. A savings account is an interest-bearing account and you will earn 2% interest on the money amount you have in your saving account.
You can not use your savings account for making transactions, withdrawals, or purchases. For that, you will have to move funds to your deposit account. Transfer between the deposit account and the saving account can be done 20 times a day.
Your Walmart Money Card is linked to your primary deposit account.
Can I transfer funds to another account?
Yes, you can transfer funds from your Walmart Money Card account to another Walmart Money Card account by using another person’s mobile number or email ID.
It is called Person-to-Person Transfer Service and is only available for the primary account.
There is a limit on the fund you can transfer. You may only send up to $500 per day and $1,000 in a month.
What to do in case of the card is stolen or misplaced?
In case your card has been stolen or misplaced then immediately report it online by clicking here.
You can also call the customer service representative at (877) 937-4098 or report it through the mobile app. You will soon receive a new card by paying the required fee.