Check all details about the NTA UGC NET 2021 June exam on this page. Find the latest updates such as updated NET syllabus, NET result, Answer Keys, Exam Pattern, etc for the National Eligibility Test June 2021 exam.
2nd February 2021: National Testing Agency has released the UGC NET June 2021 exam Information brochure. The online application process has also started on 2nd February 2021. Candidates can check all National Eligibility Test details on this page. UGC NET 2021 exam will be conducted on 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, and 17 May 2021. Check UGC NET exam date June 2021.
28th December 2020: National Testing Agency has released the CSIR NET result 2020 for the June session.
30th November 2020: National Testing Agency has released the NTA UGC NET result 2020 for the June exam.
19th September 2020: NTA has made available the UGC NET Admit Card download link on the official website. Candidates can now download their Admit Card.
19th September 2020: NTA has shared a notice about the UGC NET date sheet on the NTA website. Check your exam date, shift timing according to your subject.
UGC NET exam was conducted from 24th September to 14th November 2020.
UGC NET Exam was scheduled to be conducted from 15th June to 20th June 2020 but it was postponed due to the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak. Candidates from the science stream can apply for the CSIR UGC NET Exam.
What is NTA UGC NET exam, UGC NET full form?
The National Eligibility Test (NTA UGC-NET) is a national level competitive exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grant Commission (UGC) two times a year to determine the candidate’s eligibility for the post of ‘Assistant Professor only’ or ‘JRF & Assistant Professor both’ in Indian Universities and Colleges.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) used to conduct the NTA UGC NET exam till 2018. From December 2018 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) was given the responsibility to conduct the UGC NET exam. NTA UGC NET exam is conducted twice a year in online mode generally in the month of June and December. Previously it was conducted in offline mode.
Candidates qualified for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) get an e-certificate/ JRF award letter issued by the UGC and can be downloaded from https://ecertificate.nta.ac.in.
UGC NET exam is considered as one of the toughest exam in India with a success ratio of only 4-5&. NET qualification is mandatory to become Assistant Professor or Professor in Indian Universities and Government colleges.
NTA UGC NET 2021 June exam overview
|1||Exam Name||UGC NET (University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test)|
|2||Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|4||Mode of Exam||Online – CBT|
|5||Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|6||Exam Duration||180 minutes (Without any break in Paper-1 & Paper-2)|
|7||Number of questions||150|
|9||Exam Purpose||To check the candidate’s eligibility for Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and colleges|
|10||Exam Helpdesk No.||0120-6895200|
|11||Official Website||https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in, https://www.nta.ac.in/|
|12||Address for Correspondence||Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62,|
Gautam Buddh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
NTA UGC NET 2021 exam date:
National Testing Agency has released the official notification for NTA NET June 2021 Exam. All important exam date 2021 like the Application date, Exam Date, etc can be found below.
Please check the NTA UGC NET June 2021 exam date given below:
|Sr. No.||Event||NTA UGC NET exam date 2021|
|1||UGC NET June 2021 notification release||02nd February 2021|
|2||Starting of Online Application||02nd February 2021|
|3||Last date to submit the online application form||02nd March 2021|
|4||Last Date of Fee Payment||03rd March 2021|
|5||Application Form correction window||Will be updated|
|6||Release of the UGC NET June 2021 Admit Card||2nd week of April 2021|
|7||NTA UGC NET June exam date 2021||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, and 17 May 2021|
|8||UGC NET Answer Key||Will be updated|
|9||Final Result||Will be updated|
NTA UGC NET 2021 exam Pattern
UGC has released the official exam pattern along with the official notification. There will be two papers in the NTA UGC-NET 2021 exam and the total duration of the exam will be 3 hours. Candidates will have to attempt both exams without any break.
|Sr. No.||UGC NET Paper||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Check full details about the NTA UGC NET exam pattern at the linked article.
NTA UGC NET Syllabus 2021:
Candidates must check the UGC NET exam syllabus for a better understanding of the type of questions asked in the UGC NET exam. The syllabus for the Paper-1 is similar for all candidates and includes 10 sections. Syllabus for the Paper-2 will be based on the subject candidates selected while filling the UGC NET Application form.
Download the NTA UGC NET syllabus Paper-1 and Paper-2 pdf from the below-given link and start your exam preparation right away.
Please find the latest UGC NET syllabus 2021 in the linked article. The syllabus is given in PDF file format. Candidates can download the syllabus pdf according to their subject.
NTA UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria is decided by the University Grant Commission (UGC). UGC NET eligibility criteria are different for ‘Assistant Professor only’ and JRF & Assistant Professor both’. Candidates will get the option to select the post while submitting the UGC NET online application form. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for any post.
NTA UGC NET 2021 Educational Qualification:
|General/ EWS||55% aggregate in the Master’s Degree|
|ST/ SC/ OBC/ PwD/ Transgender||50% aggregate in the Master’s Degree|
NTA UGC NET 2021 Age Limit:
|Junior Research Fellow||Candidates should not be more than 30 years as on June 1, 2020.|
|Assistant Professor||There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professor.|
Full details about the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria can be found at the linked article.
NTA UGC NET online Application Form 2021
If you want to apply for the UGC NET exam then the first step is to apply online at the official website. Only online applications will be accepted. Other modes of application will get rejected by the agency.
NTA UGC NET 2021 Application Fee:
Please check the online application fee details given-below. Application fee for General category candidates is Rs. 1000/-, for General EWS, OBC candidates is Rs. 500/-, and for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates is Rs. 250/- + Transaction charges.
|SC/ST/ PwBD candidates||250/- +Transaction Charges +GST|
|General EWS, OBC||Rs. 500/-|
|General candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
Please find below the NTA UGC NET 2021 apply online process:
- Step 1 – First-time registration for the UGC NET exam on the official website.
- Step 2 – Complete the application form by filling the personal and educational details online.
- Step 3 – Uploading of required documents.
- Step 4 – Online application fee payment.
The last date to submit the online application for NTA UGC NET June 2021 is 2nd March 2021.
Candidates can also check the step by step process to submit the UGC NET application form 2021.
UGC NET Cut Off
UGC NET Cut Off will be released by the exam conducting authority after the UGC NET exam. UGC NET Cut Off will be made available along with the UGC NET result and a separate cut-off will be released for “JRF & Assistant Professor both” and “Assistant Professor only”. Candidates will have to secure minimum qualifying marks in order to be eligible for the UGC NET exam for further process. Minimum qualifying marks are given below.
|Category||Percentage of Marks|
|SC, ST, OBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer, PwD, and Transgender||35% aggregate marks|
|General (Unreserved)||40% aggregate marks|
Check the full details about the UGC NET Cut Off at the linked article.
Schedule of Examination:
The exam date for the UGC NET June 2021 exam has been shared by the NTA. National Testing Agency will conduct the UGC NET December 2020 exam from 02nd May 2021 to 17th May 2021. The exam duration will be 3 hours without any break in between Paper-1 and Paper-2. Please find the below-given details about the examination scheme for exam day.
|Events||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination hours||09.00 am- 12.00||02.00 pm- 06.00 pm|
|Entry into the Examination Centre||08.30 am||01.30 pm|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||08.45 am||01.45 pm|
|Instructions by the invigilators||08.45 am||01.45 pm|
|Test Start||09.00 am||02.00 pm|
|Test Ends||12.00 pm||06.00 pm|
All candidates are advised to reach the examination center at least 2 hours before the exam. Candidates will not be permitted to enter into the Examination Center after 8.30 am in First Shift and after 1.30 pm in Second Shift.
- The eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ or for ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of UGC-NET in aggregate.
- The candidates qualifying for the Assistant Professor post will not be considered for the award of JRF.
- Candidates are strictly advised to choose ‘Assistant Professor’ or ‘Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor’ post wisely while submitting the online application form.
- Candidates who qualify for the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for the recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments.
- All candidates who cleared the NET exam for JRF can pursue their research in the post-graduation subject or in a related subject. They will also be eligible for Assistant Professor. Further, Reputed Indian universities, institutions, IITs, and other national organizations may select the JRF to qualify candidates for full-time research work.
- Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF will be eligible to receive a fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/Institutions. The validity period of the fellowship will be three years w.e.f. the date of the issue of the JRF Award Letter.
- For those candidates who have already joined M. Phil. / Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
Reservation in UGC NET Fellowship:
Reservation quota is also applicable in the UGC JRF Fellowship program. Reservation is given as per the reservation policy of government of India. check below detals for more information.
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
NTA UGC NET 2021 Exam day guidelines:
Candidates appearing for the NTA UGC NET 2021 June exam must take care of the important guidelines released by the Government and National Testing Agency.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry personal things like a calculator, Wallet, Geometry Box, Mobile Phone, Camera, Any electronic item, etc.
- Diabetic candidates may carry some items like fruits (Apple, Banana, etc), sugar, medicines.
- Candidates must have a printed copy of the Admit Card and he/She must check all details mentioned on the Admit Card carefully such as Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Photograph, examination center information, etc.
- Reporting time is mentioned on the Admit Card. Candidates must reach the examination center according to their time slot.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the closing time. Candidates must return the rough sheet to the invigilator after the exam.
- All candidates must follow the Covid-19 guidelines such as wearing a mask and sanitize their hands.
- Candidates must maintain social distancing guidelines also.
NTA UGC NET official website:
Candidates can check all the important information they are looking for from the NTA UGC NET official website.
nta ugc net official website: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
CSIR UGC NET official website: Information related to the CSIR NET exam will be available on different website
csir UGC net official website: https://csirnet.nta.nic.in
- UGC-NET University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test December 2020 cycle (June 2021) Information Bulletin, National Testing Agency, Feb. 02, 2021. Accessed on: Feb. 02, 2021. [Online]. Available: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/webinfo/File/GetFile?FileId=56&LangId=P.
- UGC National Eligibility Test December 2020 cycle (June 2021) Public Notice, National Testing Agency, Feb. 02, 2021. Accessed on: Feb. 02, 2021. [Online]. Available: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/webinfo/File/GetFile?FileId=58&LangId=P.
- Press Release (28 December 2020) NTA Declares Joint CSIR-UGC NET Examination June 2020 Scores, National Testing Agency, Dec. 28, 2020. Accessed on: Dec. 30, 2020. [Online]. Available: https://nta.ac.in/Download/Notice/Notice_20201228225403.pdf.
- PUBLIC NOTICE 01.12.2020 NTA Declares UGC-NET June 2020 Result, National Testing Agency, Nov. 30, 2020. Accessed on: Dec. 16, 2020. [Online]. Available: https://data.nta.ac.in/Download/Notice/Notice_20201201073019.pdf.
- “UGC NET June 2020,” National Testing Agency, Sep. 19, 2020. Accessed on: Sep. 19, 2016. [Online]. Available: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx.
- “University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET): June 2020, Date Sheet of Examination,” National Testing Agency, Sep. 19, 2020. Accessed on: Sep. 19, 2016. [Online]. Available: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/WebInfo/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=687&iii=Y.
- Dates of various Examinations to be conducted by National Testing Agency, National Testing Agency, Aug 20, 2020. Accessed: Sep 5, 2020. [Online], Available: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/WebInfo/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=669&iii=Y.