In this article, we are going to show how to add money to the Walmart Money Card account. How to check the account balance? What are the different ways to load money including the step-by-step process of each method?
If you want to know the simple ways to add money to your Money Card then stay with us and read further.
Walmart Money Card
Walmart Money Card comes in handy when you are going to shop for your favorite item at a Walmart store or you want to pay utility bills, This card provides a lot of facilities and services, and saving options.
All card members will receive cashback on all purchases and they will also earn interest on the money available in the saving account.
How to add money to your Walmart Money Card account?
If you want to make any type of transaction or want to send money to any family member’s account then you will have to load your card with the required amount of money.
There are multiple ways you can add money to your account.
- Deposit Cash
- Direct Deposit
- Deposit Checks
- Bank Transfer
Let’s discuss each method one by one.
1-Deposit cash to your account:
There are three ways you can deposit cash into your Walmart Money Card account.
- Cash load at Walmart through the Walmart MoneyCard app.
- Through Walmart Rapid Reload.
- Through MoneyPak.
Through the Walmart MoneyCard app:
You can simply deposit money to your account through the Mobile app at participating Walmart stores only. You can deposit any amount from $20 to $1,500 and you can use up to three deposit codes per day. Just log into your account on the website or mobile app and create a deposit code.
Show this deposit code to the cashier and the cashier will scan the bar code in your mobile app and your money will be added to your account within 10 minutes. Please use the deposit code before it expires.
Add cash by Walmart Rapid Reload:
Visit any Walmart store and ask the cashier to load money into your account. Give the cash amount you want to add to the cashier and swipe your card. Your money will be available in your account within 10 minutes. Please note that there will be a service fee of $3 per reload.
MoneyPak is a simple and convenient way to add money to eligible debit or prepaid cards. Anyone can use this service by visiting the official website MoneyPak.com.
MoneyPak has introduced a secure login facility to avoid fraud. Just visit the MoneyPak.com website and create a secure login account. Verify your mobile number and add money to the MoneyPak account. Now transfer this money to any prepaid card or debit card by entering the account number.
Please visit the official website to know more about the charges and transaction limits.
You may also like,
All customers can set up ASAP Direct Deposit for their paycheck or other government benefits through the online website or mobile app.
Customers will get the paycheck amount 2 days early from the payday and government benefits 4 days early. You can also get rid of the monthly fee if the direct deposit is $500 or more.
Find your bank routing number and direct deposit account number:
You can find your routing and direct deposit account number by sending a text message “DD” to 37267.
You can also use the mobile app or website to find your routing number and account number.
- Visit the official website or open the mobile app.
- Login by using your username and password.
- Press the Deposit link and again select the Set up ASAP Direct deposit.
Contact your payroll or benefits office:
Now contact your payroll or government benefits office and check if they offer the direct deposit service. You may check the federal government benefits contact details at https://godirect.gov/gpw/paying-agencies/.
You will have to contact the state government benefits office or private employer payroll office. Ask them to enroll you in the direct deposit service.
You can also download this form, fill it and enter the amount you wish to deposit in your Walmart Money Card. Sign in and enter the date and Submit it to the benefits office.
Also read, Walmart Money card login
You can also use the free check deposit service to add money to your account. You can use the Money Card mobile app to initiate a check transfer request or you can visit the Walmart store to deposit a check. Please check the below details.
- You can use this facility only if you are getting direct payroll or government benefits to your account and this service is working for the last two months.
- The check must be payable to you.
- Your account is in good standing and you are using it for point-of-sale transactions.
- It will take around 5 days to deposit the money in your account through the mobile app and takes around 10 minutes at the Walmart store. Check once submitted can not be canceled.
How to deposit a check to my account using the Walmart MoneyCard app?
Please follow the below simple steps.
- Download the mobile app and log in using your login credentials.
- Press the Deposit option in the app and again select the Deposit a Check option.
- Take a check payable to you, sign your name on the back, and write ‘For mobile deposit only’ underneath your signature.
- Scan the check by using your mobile camera. Please make sure all four corners are coming in the scan. Take a snap and Submit it for verification.
Deposit check at the Walmart store:
Take a payroll or government benefit check and submit it through the Walmart check lane. This service is available only in the participating Walmart stores and there may be a fee applied for this service at the store. Please inquire about the charges if there are any.
You may also like,
You can transfer money from a bank account to your Money Card account. It is a very convenient way and takes a few minutes through the mobile app.
- The bank must be located in the U.S.
- If it is the first time you are adding money through a bank transfer then you can transfer a minimum of $1 and a maximum of $100. After that, you can transfer up to $1,000 per day and up to $3,000 in a month.
- Generally, A bank transfer to your Money Card account takes around 3 days to be credited to your account.
- Another person can also transfer money by his bank account to your account number.
- You can also schedule a one-time or recurring bank transfer through the mobile app.
- Transferring from the Walmart Money Card account to a bank account is not possible as of now.
- Visit the official website or mobile app and log in by using your username and password.
- After login, press the Deposit link in the mobile app or Add & Send Money on the website.
- In the menu, select the Bank Transfer option.
- Select the bank and enter the bank login credentials. Your Bank account will be securely linked to your Walmart Money Card account.
- Start transferring funds after linking the bank account.
How to check the account balance?
If you have registered an online account and activated your Money Card then you can check your account balance 24/7 by visiting the official website or mobile. Login to your account and check your account balance, transaction history, and other details.
Another way to check the account balance is to send a text message “BAL xxxx″ to 96411 (where xxxx is the last 4 digits of your card number).
You may check your transactions by sending a text message “HIST xxxx” to 96411 (where xxxx is the last 4 digits of your card number).
Customers can also send a text message “HELP” to 96411 to know information about account balance, recent transactions, history, & more.
Text message service is free by Walmart.
We have shared different ways to add money to your Walmart Money Card account. You may use any method at your convenience.
Please let us know your views on this article or if you want to know any other information. Thanks for reading this article.