UW Health (University of Wisconsin) Mychart login, sign-up, and bill payment-related helpful information are available in this article. How to register a new account and activate it?
Check how to access your Mychart account through the online website and mobile app. How to connect with the help desk through their phone number? How to pay the online bill, etc in this article.
UW Health Mychart
Mychart is a patient portal UW Health is using to manage its patients and provide better quality care. This portal is actually a software product and is used to store the Electronic Health records of all patients.
University of Wisconsin (UW Health) has got the license from the original developer EPIC to allow their patients to use the Mychart services.
UW Mychart provides many useful services to patients such as managing their Electronic Health Records (EHR), Accessing their lab tests, paying their treatment charges, connecting with the provider and scheduling an appointment online, etc.
Patients can sign up for a new account online within minutes and access their account anytime anywhere from any device. The mobile app is also available which provides more convenience and faster access to services.
UW Health Mychart login
To log in to a Mychart account, patients can use their username and password. After login patients can access all available patient-related useful services. Patients can use any secure and trusted device to access their Mychart account.
There are different methods a patient can access their Mychart account.
- Access Mychart through the official website.
- Access Mychart through a mobile app.
- First, search for the correct URL then login into your account.
Let’s discuss all three processes in detail.
1-Access Mychart through the official website:
If patients have access to the correct URL of the official Mychart website then they can easily log in to their account through a web browser. Please follow the below steps.
Step 1: Open the UW Health Mychart login page. A login page will appear on the screen.
Step 2: Patients can enter their username and password in the login form to access their accounts.
After login in, patients can view their dashboard page where patients can access different services.
2-Access Mychart through a mobile app:
Patients can use other convenient and easy options to access their accounts. Patients can download the UW Health Mychart app on their smartphones and login into their account in the app.
How to download the mobile app?
- Visit the Mychart page on the UW Health website.
- On this page, patients will find iOS and Android app links.
- Click the app link and download the mobile app on your smartphone.
Direct download links:
Patients can also click the below-mentioned direct links to download the app on their smartphones.
Login to mobile app:
- After downloading the mobile app, open the app on your smartphone.
- On the login screen, use your username and password to access your account.
- After login, set up fingerprint scan or facial scan login security.
3-First, search for the correct URL then login into your account
Customers can visit the Mychart.com web portal and search for any provider. After the search, patients can easily find the Log In and Sign Up links.
This facility is useful for those patients who don’t know the correct URL of the Mychart portal of UW Health.
- Visit the Mychart.com portal.
- Click the Access Mychart link on the homepage.
- On the next screen, there is a search form.
- Type ‘UW Health‘ in the search space, Login, and sign up link for the UW Health Mychart will be available below the search form.
- Click the Log in link to visit the Mychart login screen and use your username and password to access your Mychart dashboard page.
- Patients can use any login method from the above-mentioned three methods.
- After login, patients will receive a security code on their email address or mobile number.
- This security code will need to enter in the next step to access your UW Health Mychart account.
- This security measure has been added to all Mychart accounts through a two-step verification and adds an extra layer of login security to your account.
- Patients can enroll in the two-step verification process while signing up for a new account.
How to recover the account?
It’s human nature to forget things and forgetting the username and password is also normal. That’s why there is a username and password reset facility available on the portal.
Please check below how to reset your password and recover your username for your Mychart account.
Username recovery process
- First of all, open the official portal or mobile app.
- On the login page, you will find a link to recover your username.
- Click this link to proceed.
- On the next page, enter your name, date of birth, and ZIP code and Submit this form.
- Your Mychart username will be sent to the email address on file.
- Users can also reset their password directly through the Mychart login page.
- Click the Forgot password link to open the password reset page.
- Enter your username and other information and press the Next button.
- Verify your account and create a new password.
Mychart UW Health Sign Up
Sign up for a new Mychart account and take the benefits of all patient-related services. Sign-up is very easy and can be completed by just sitting at home.
There are two options patients can use to create a new account.
- Use your invitation code to Sign up.
- online Sign-up process without an invitation code.
1-Use your invitation code to Sign up:
This process is very easy and patients can access their accounts within minutes. Please follow the below steps.
- Open the Mychart UWHealth portal.
- Click the Sign Up Now link on the login page.
- On the next page, enter your invitation code and other patient information and press the Next button.
- On the next page, verify your account and create a new username and password that you want to use for login purposes.
2-Online Sign-up process without an invitation code:
The online sign-up process will take more time if you don’t have an invitation code. You can create a new account but your account will be verified through the third-party verification service. Please check the below steps.
- Visit the Mychart UWHealth web portal or mobile app.
- Click the Sign Up Now link and again click the Sign Up Online link on the next page.
- On the next page, you will see two verification options.
- 3rd Party Identity Validation
- U.S. Mail
You can use any one option to very your identity.
1-3rd Party Identity Validation: Click this link, and an online form will appear on the screen.
The information you enter here will connect to the information available to the below organizations.
- UW Health (University of Wisconsin),
- Access Community Health Centers
- and Quartz
Also, note that you agree to UWHealth MyChart Terms and Conditions of Use if you open an account here. Your information is just to validate your account and will not be stored anywhere.
Fill out the online form and answer all questions. After the validation, you can activate your account instantly.
Patients can use this option if their information is not available in the database. Patients can fill out the online form to request their Mychart activation code by U.S. Mail. Please note that the Mail will arrive in 7-10 days.
UW Health Bill Pay
All Patients can pay their medical bills through the Mychart account. There are three options.
- Pay after login
- Guest payment without login
- Phone payment
Let’s check out all three payment methods in detail.
1-Pay after login:
- Patients can log in to their Mychart account.
- After login, visit the payment section through the Mychart account dashboard page and have a look at your billing summary.
- Now guarantor can pay the required bill online by using any Debit/Credit card.
If you are using the Mychart portal to pay your bill then you can track your payments, check previous payment information, etc. You can also check your billing statement after login and set up alerts for payment-related notifications.
2-Guest payment without login:
Guest payment is a faster option and patients can quickly pay their treatment charges without logging in to any account. Please follow the below steps.
- Visit the Mychart portal through a web browser or open the mobile app on your smartphone.
- On the login page, click the Pay as Guest link.
- On the next page, search for your account by using the Account Number, and Guarantor Last Name.
- Once you find your account, use your credit card or debit card to pay the required bill.
A phone payment option is also available for the patients. Patients can call between 8 am-4:30 pm, Monday through Friday at 1-608-829-5217 or toll-free at 1-877-565-0505 for any type of billing-related assistance and phone payment.
UW Mychart Help Desk
If a patient needs a login, sign-up, activation, or any other kind of Mychart-related technical support, please call the MyChart helpdesk at 1-877-768-0732
|Sign up through an activation code
|Online sign-up page
|Username recovery page
|Password reset page
|Guest bill payment page
About UW Health
UW Health cares for more than 720,000 patients each year with 1,849 employed physicians and 22,000 employees at seven hospitals and more than 80 clinic locations.
UW Health has partnered with the University of Wisconsin and the University of Illinois College of Medicine to offer both healthcare services and healthcare education.
Please have a look at the UW Health (FY21) Facts and Figures below.
|hospitals in WI and IL
|medical centers in WI
|primary and specialty
outpatient locations in
WI, IL, MI
|residents and fellows
|Urgent Care locations
|community service location
It’s an integrated health network offering services through Quartz Health Solutions, Inc, UW Health, UnityPoint Health – Meriter, Gundersen Health System, and Aurora Health Care.
|Name of the portal
|UW Health Mychart
|Epic Systems Corporation
|UW School of Medicine and Public Health
|To provide a patient portal to all UW Health patients
|All patients of UW Health